Friday, May 15, 2009

Don't Whine to Your Up-Line - The 'Secret' in Home Business Opportunities and Internet Home Business

There's not a lot we can do for you; you just have to work it out for yourself. Straight up, I want to be absolutely honest here. I've 'whined' to my up-line, I've begged for insights and a reason to keep going and I've moaned and complained when I couldn't get the 'answers' to all my frustration.

And now of course, I AM an up-line! So now, some of my people will come to me when they're feeling frustrated and de-motivated or doubtful about our home business opportunity. Mostly, I try to help. And mostly, I actually enjoy trying to help. Sometimes I can't help. Sometimes I don't know the 'answers'.

But I like these people. So I honestly try to help.

But the longer I remain in this industry the surer I am of this little discussed phenomenon. You need to struggle. It's what we all do. It's what sorts out the 'curious' from the 'serious'. It makes it possible for you to modify and change the systems, therefore improve the systems. We are an evolving industry. Without modifications and changes we cannot evolve.

When you struggle with something, the struggle will improve you and shape you. It will turn you into a stronger, more focused and determined person. It'll give you new insights into yourself, into the market, technology, the world, life and every other damn thing. The struggle will build your resilience and patience. It'll require you to commit today and re-commit again tomorrow; on nothing at all but FAITH.

So, where does that leave people like me; your well meaning (but sometimes ineffective) up-line? Of course I can sense your discomfort and I know you're feeling anxious and afraid. You doubt yourself. You need me to say a few "magic words"; to say something revealing and wise. But there aren't any 'magic words'; if I manage to say anything insightful and useful, it's usually by accident.

I can reassure you that you will succeed, if you can only persevere. And I can tell you what worked for me- several months ago- but you have to remember the evolution of this industry. Six months ago a landing page was pretty impressive, now of course whole new trends are evolving around twitter and social media, list building, attraction marketing, video marketing, and all that. This thing is infinite.

Even the training I can give you will be just slightly 'old' by the time you choose to learn from me. I don't own printed books anymore, all of my reference books are e-books; the trends move too swiftly. So how can I help you? I can do two things. I can 'be' with you while you go through this so you're not feeling alone and unsupported. And I can direct you to the newest training and give you the soundest advice possible.

But the best thing I can do for you is to remind you that this stage is entirely normal and you have all the skills and resources to work this one out too. You don't need me. You just need my support. You can do this. I need you to do this. The industry will evolve and you will grow with it. No-one knows where this will end, but we all have faith in ourselves and each other to persevere. And it's those who persevere who succeed.

Gayle Hillman holds a degree and diploma in Community Development and is passionate about helping people. Gayle is now a successful network and affiliate marketer and a 'builder' of people, helping people to succeed in a very new, dynamic and quickly evolving industry. Gayle lives on a farm in South Australia. She's a advocate for social and environmental issues. Gayle can be contacted on her website http://www.foolproofhomebusiness.com

No comments: